How To Place a Bet in 6 Simple Steps
So you've seen a tip that takes your fancy, and now you want to place a bet online. In the click of a mouse or the touch of a screen, you could turn £20 into something a lot more. Here, we will explain how to place a bet online- it’s very simple! Most betting companies adopt a similar structure to the way they display their markets. Some offer more markets than others, which is something you’ll have to look out for. For example, some bookmakers will give you the opportunity to bet on match corners, but some will not.
Here is our simple, step-by-step guide in placing a bet online. We’re going to use Bet365 as an example, because they are one of the most popular sports betting websites.
- So you know your bet, but now it’s the mission of finding it. On the left side of the page, you will see all the different Sports that you can bet on. For the purpose of this step-by-step guide, we’re going to place a bet on Man City to win the Premier League. Therefore we would click on ‘Soccer’.
- After clicking ‘Soccer’, a list of all the available leagues will appear on your screen. If you wanted to place a bet on a single match then you would click the league that the match is part of. For the purpose of our bet, we would click the ‘outright’ tab, because we’re backing Man City to win the Premier League outright.
- After clicking ‘Premier League 15/16’, I am given a comprehensive list of the favourites to win the Premier League in the order of probability. The numbers in yellow are the odds for each team to win the league. When clicking on the ‘Man City- 6/5’ tab, I can see the bet has been added to my bet slip.
- You then enter your stake (how much money you want to place on the bet) and then hit ‘Place Bet’. Once you’ve pressed Place Bet there is no going back, so you need to make sure you’re 100%. You will then be shown a ‘Bet Receipt’. This is so you can see all of your bets, and contact customer services if something goes wrong with your bet or you have any queries about a specific bet.
- When you want to withdraw your money, then click on the Services tab. There are various ways to withdraw your money. They include Debit Card transfers, PayPal, Skrill and Credit Cards, so pick the one most suitable for you.
- It’s usually best to withdraw using the same method as depositing, and this should be set up for you automatically once you’ve deposited for the first time. All that’s left to do now is enter the amount you want to withdraw and press the ‘Make Withdrawal’ button. It will often take 2-3 days for the money to enter your account, but the withdrawal time will vary depending on which bookmaker you use.